Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Science Diet Lamb and Rice

Worked a  long shift today, and of course at some point I see a little dog with a suspected food allergy.  (I say "little" but I guess I should qualify the use of that word.  This sweet little dog was actually quite large, due to obesity.  The poor thing would do well as the footstool/ottoman that our living room sadly needs).  Trust me when I say that the irony of all of this was not lost on me, as I thought about the 3rd meal of lamb and sweet potato that I have eaten in the past 24 hours.  Wow, this sucks.  I knew this would suck, and it really really sucks.  That dog should come to live at my house; we could share food. But, since the dog is this fat, I guess I have quite a suspicion that it might not be following his elimination diet too well. 

It is kind of funny how lamb ended up being my novel protein.  I have eaten it, I believe, a total of 3 times in my life.  I avoid it for ethical reasons.   I mean, who would want to eat a baby sheep?   I wish I had avoided bacon for ethical reasons.

This log of my journey into my elimination food trial would not be complete without the mention of last night's  loading dose of my steroids.  Yuck!  I was up until about 2:30am (which means that my poor husband was up just as long), urinating repeatedly, panting/pacing, and altogether just freaking out like a dog with Cushing's disease.  Fortunately, the morning greeted me with some calmness.  But, here's a thought I had not anticipated: think about staying up half the night and not getting to drink a Coke or coffee in the morning.  Not cool.

Regards,
            Josie

Today's diet:  lamb, sweet potato, carrots, pear
Medications - Day 2 on methylprednisolone, Prosed DS TID, amitriptyline SID.
   Early afternoon dizziness (lack of sleep or steroids?)
   Burning at 3:00 pm urination.
   Over-all obgyn aches and pains (cramping at region of right side ovary)
   Mood - in the pits   

No comments:

Post a Comment