Monday, October 31, 2011

Sweet Potato: The New Super Glue

I was emptying out the dishwasher this evening, and it was pretty easy to notice that evidently sweet potato likes to stick to things and hang around long after the dishes are done.  We are one of those freaky groups of people too that actually wash all the dishes by hand prior to putting them into the dish washer.  I guess I always thought that the pre-wash was just to remove gross physical debris and the dish washer provided the sterilization, much like how we would prepare surgical instruments for the next surgery.  My husband has been noting for the past week that the fat from the lamb hangs around on plastic storage containers and leaves a greasy film on everything.  Well, the lamb option for my elimination diet may have to be changed soon anyway; Publix is all sold out of lamb due to us.  I feel like such a gross carnivore that only eats baby sheep.

While writing this, I could not help but notice how nice and fragrant by hands smell as I rest by chin on my hand.  Oh wait...that would be the Cascade dish detergent, which I am sure my super-allergic self is not supposed to have any contact.  Why would my dishes require a perfume?

I had my physical therapy session today.  My therapist's office is in this multi-story, multi-professional suite.  Every office section has a Halloween costume contest each year.  The therapy group I see dressed in the theme of Peter Pan, with my physical therapist dressing as Nana, the family dog.   The costume was good; too good.  I kept laughing every time I tried to talk to her, even when I would be trying to get all emotional about my pain levels.  I think this would be the first time that the dog every palpated the veterinarian!
Happy Halloween!
           Josie

The Numbers:  October 30, 2011:  Diet - lamb, sweet potato, pear, carrots.  Medications - Prosed DS every 8 hours, small amount gelnique SID, amitriptyline SID, Zertec SID.  Pain level - hey it wasn't perfect but I will take today.  I think I was about a 3 with urinary pain and a 2 on vulvodynia discomfort.  Wish to have many days like this one.  Lupron appears to be leaving the system, some spotting noted.  Good riddance. 

October 31, 2011:  Diet- lamb, sweet potato, pear, carrots.  Medications - Prosed DS every 8 hours, small amount gelnique SID, amitriptyline SID, Zertec SID, Vagifem.  Pain level - 10-12pm - 5 on bladder pain.  PT today and TENs seemed to help.  Vulvodynia discomfort about a 4 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment