Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Biggest Loser - With No Effort

My drive back and forth to physical therapy takes about 3.5 hours each way.  I'm sure you must wonder why I travel so far, and I suppose that should be a topic at some point.  I'm just really not ready to discuss how I got to this point medically yet.  Just understand that I travel 3.5 hours each way once or twice a week.

Sometimes, I need to break up the drive just to give my mind (and rear end) a break.  About half way through my drive I pass through a major city.  So, I stopped at Forever 21.  I'm no where near 21 years old.  But, the clothes are plentiful, cheap, and I needed the break.  I find one of those sweater dresses everyone is wearing for $13 so I went to try it on.  If you ever get vulvodynia, you would understand why I have become such a dress wearer.  I put it on, and I can't believe how thin I look.  I am totally amazed...no wait...wait a minute.  Is that a slimming mirror?  Sure enough, the mirror is positioned directly in front of an extra wide door and slightly warped, both providing that slimming appearance.  I don't buy the dress; I'm note getting fooled by that one again.

Today I decide to weigh myself.  Well, junk.  I have lost about 5 lb since Sunday.  For real.  On that Lupron, my abdomen always had this constantly swollen appearance.  It's quite cruel really, especially if you are purposely making yourself infertile when what you really want is to become pregnant.  I'm sure that my complete lack of breads and sugars has not helped matters. Anyway, today I am regretting the lack of purchase of the sweater dress.

The doctor's office called to let me know that my hormone panel showed that I will be having a period soon and that the Lupron is gone.  Um...I kind of knew that.  I guess that part that saddened me the most was that I was suddenly hopeful that they were calling with some miraculous fix.  But no...

Until Tomorrow,
          Josie

The numbers:  Diet:  lamb (crock pot stew by my husband, who is desperately trying to provide me with variety), sweet potatoes, pear, carrots.  Medications:  Prosed DS TID, amitriptyline SID, Gelnique SID (1/4 packet), Zertec SID.  Pain levels: shockingly pretty good.  I mean, no where near perfect, but at this point, I will take what I can get.  Urinary - mostly a 3, maybe a 4 around 5pm and a 2 from noon to 3pm.  Vulvudynia, small flare up in the morning (3) but otherwise a 1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment