Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hurry Up and...Wait

In Bible Study last month, we reviewed Galatians 5:22:  The Fruits of The Holy Spirit.  I guess these are seven ways were are supposed to honor God through good living.  They are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.  We were asked to pick the one that is hardest for us to fulfill.  For me, it's patience.

I hate waiting, especially when I have no control on how to speed up the waiting process.  I am currently waiting to hear about when I can start my new job.  I am waiting to heal and "get better".  Waiting to meet my new urologist.  I think this is why I detest flying to my destination.  Well, I suppose there are several reasons to hate flying:  waiting at the airport, waiting on the plane, security checks, sitting next to someone with a nasty head cold that you know you will now develop once you reach your vacation destination.  Airport food poisoning (I had that once; it wasn't cool).  At least when you are driving, you feel like you are constantly making progress; unless you hit a traffic jam.  I had a boyfriend once who told me that I needed to work on my impatience.  He actually had the nerve to state, "Patience is a virtue".  That relationship did not last long past that moment.

Anyway, I will actually strive to work on this fruit.
             Josie

The Numbers:  December 17, 2011:  Food:  Breakfast:  Wheat Chex cereal and coconut milk.  Lunch:  Arnold's Honey Wheat bread and Jiff creamy peanut butter, red grapes.  Candy.  Snack:  Farmer's Market chocolate chip cookies (yum!).  Dinner:  Venison, olive oil, sea salt, pear, carrot, celery.  Publix French bread.  I Can't Believe it's Not Butter.  Dessert:  What Chex and coconut milk.
Medications:  pyridium TID, amitriptyline SID, Zyrtec SID, Cosamin, Fish Oil
Pain:  Much improved from yesterday.  Mild discomfort (bladder 3) on drive to visit my sister after 6pm. 

December 18, 2011:  Food:  Breakfast:  Wheat Chex, coconut milk.  Snack:  Dunkin Donuts blueberry donut.  Lunch:  Arnold's Honey Wheat Bread, Jiff Creamy Peanut Butter, pear, corn chips.  Dinner:  The Original Pancake House 3 pigs in a blanket (sausage in a buttermilk pancake, YUM!), hot syrup, real butter.  Pumpkin Creape. 
Medications:  pyridium TID, amitriptyline SID, Zyrtec SID, Cosamin, Fish Oil, 2 Advil 3pm.
Pain:  Significant lower abdomen pain (bladder? Uterus?) after 3 pm, until about 7 pm (4-5).  TENS and Advil seemed to help.

December 19, 2011:  Food:  Break fast:  venison, pear, olive oil, sea salt, carrots, celery.  Snack:  Salted pretzel at the zoo.  Lunch:  Backyard Burger with American Cheese, mustard, lettuce.  Seasoned fries, mayo (my first "fast food").  Snack:  Chick-Fil-A brownie with nuts (walnuts?) and icedream (my second fast food) - with Prelief.  Dinner:  Greenbean casserole (chicken broth, greenbeans, cheddar cheese, cream of mushroom soup) and Supreme DiGiorno pizza.  I think I was really into tempting a repeat of the pain after eating at my favorite pizza place on Tuesday.  I'm sick of "forbidden food".  This has been going on for a year now....there is that lack-of-patience-thing again.
Medications:  pyridium TID, amitriptyline SID, Zyrtec SID, Cosamin, Fish Oil, 2 Advil at 11 am.
Pain:  Not a bad day, really.  Did have that lower abdominal pain in morning (still unsure if bladder or uterus) at about a 3.  Advil seemed to help.  After PT at 2:00 pm, I did have vulvadynia ache/burn into the evening (3) - Zumba helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment