Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tis the Season

Ever since I dragged my husband out on Black Friday Midnight shopping, he has been complaining that it seems that no one is truly invested into the real meaning of Christmas.  This is from a man who maybe attends church with me twice a year, but I totally see his point.  When did it become accepted that you must buy for your child the #1 toy of the year?  I was a child during the Cabbage Patch craze.  They were expensive and people were fighting for them in the malls.  Somehow, Santa with all his magical power did not bring the Cabbage Patch kid to my house of Christmas morning.  I did get one 1-2 years later, and I was ok with this.  I was more than ok; I was quite pleased.  However, I was super confused why Santa was unable to bring me one, but could find one for my next door neighbor.  I wasn't upset or jealous.  Just confused by the "rules", especially since I knew for a fact that I was better behaved that that kid.  So, maybe this is really just my attack on Santa Clause and how he has commercialized this religious holiday.  If I can ever get healthy enough to make a child, that poor child is going to have it pretty rough around Christmas-time.  I guess he can sympathize with the dog, who never gets the table scraps he wants, because I am a vet.

Anyway, I thought I needed a way to cheer up my husband.  So, we invited our close friends, and their 4 year-old daughter, to our house for cooking marsh mellows on the outdoor fire pit we grabbed on Black Friday.  The lights were up, we had Christmas music playing, the girl was chasing the dog, there were Christmas cookies and a cheese plate.  It was lovely.  And, it did really start to feel like Christmas. 

            Until Next Time,
                   Josie

December 6, 2011  The Numbers:  Breakfast:  Wheat Chex, coconut milk.  Mint Oreos.  Lunch:  Jiff creamy Peanut Butter, Arnold's Honey Wheat Bread, Land o' Lakes margarine.  Pear.  Snack: Mint Oreos.  Dinner:  Pork, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, corn chips, spinach, guacamole, rice.  Dessert:  Christmas cookies and frosting (frosting has confectioner's sugar WalMart, milk, vanilla). 
Medications:  Pyridium TID, Zyrtec SID, amitripyline SID
Pain:  Some cystitis/urethritis in AM (3).  Used TENS.  All pain a 1 in the afternoon/evening.  Not a bad day.

December 7, 2011  The Numbers:  Breakfast:  Oatmeal.  Lunch:  Jiff creamy Peanut Butter, Arnold's Honey Wheat Bread, Land o' Lakes margarine.  I'm sure an mint Oreo cookie later.  Christmas cookies after lunch.  Dinner:  pork, green peppers, onion, mushrooms, corn chips, spinach, guacamole, rice.  Snack with friends, MANY marshmellows, Whole Food's French Bread.  Trader Joe's pretzel bread.
Medications:  Pyridium TID, Zyrtec SID, amitriptyline SID
Pain:  Yesterday AM 0-1.  Did start with some vulvodynia (rear end burning) mid-day, after lunch/Christmas cookies that continued into evening (3).  I have to wonder if this is a positive reaction?  Maybe to the milk in the icing of the Christmas cookies?

No comments:

Post a Comment