Sunday, December 11, 2011

Leaving Town...Maybe

My sister works retail at a large chain department store.  As I am sure you can guess, she is very busy this time of year.  Amazingly, she has two days off in a row this week.  So, I have this plan to leave home Monday, commute to physical therapy, and then keep heading out to see my sister for Tuesday/Wednesday.  It should be fun.  Of course, I'm having the all "high-and-mighty" attitude about the importance of properly using the elimination diet.  This makes me the largest hypocrite, because I basically poured gasoline on the diet trial and turned a flame thrower on it.   Then, I announced that I could do this because I'm writing a "detailed journal" on it all, and my doctor says it's "OK".  Except, the more I eat, the more I dread the writing in the journal.  So, I procrastinate.  That is how we reach this point right here on Sunday night.  I had made a very large list of things I had to do today before I left.  Finally, I am reaching the last item: Journal Diet.  And, I'm tired, hungry, and have no clue what I have eaten over the last 3 days.  I think that it is important to note that I had a lot of dairy products.  Although I did not "explode" (i.e., go to the emergency room in severe pain...yet), I do just feel like "ick".  I think it is time to seriously consider decreasing dairy in the diet long-term.  I don't mean never, ever have ice cream.  Just not have ice cream twice a day.  Maybe once a month.  Maybe choose a chocolate chip cookie over ice cream; that doesn't seem so bad.

                                     Josie

The Numbers:  December 8, 2011.  Food:  Breakfast:  Honey Nut Chex, coconut milk, peppermint candy.  Lunch:  Venison, carrots, celery, pear, sweet potato, olive oil, sea salt, asparagus, Whole Foods French Bread, Land O' Lakes margarine.  Snack:  Mint Oreos.  Marshmellows.  Dinner:  pork, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, corn chips, rice, guacamole, spinach.  Dessert (ok, I totally just gave up here)  Sour cream cup cake (from the peppermint cheese cake, cake portion), frosting (whipping cream, margarine, white chocolate, vanilla), Whole Foods Havarti Dill cheese, Christmas cookies (with frosting), Smirnoff Blueberry Lemonade.
Medications:  pyridium TID, amitriptyline SID, Zyrtec SID, Prelief prior to evening binge, Cosamin, Free Fatty Acids
Pain:  In the morning, bladder and urethra at a 2-3.  At 4:30 pm, strong urge to urinate, with bladder and urethral pain at 5-6.  Jogged and did Yoga.  Then heating pad.  Pain decreased to 2-3.  It should be noted this all occurred prior to the dairy binge.

December 9, 2011.  Food:  Honey Nut Chex and coconut milk.  Mint Oreos.  This day is very vague.  I think I had a pear.  I'm sure I had some Whole Foods French bread and Land O' Lakes.  For lunch, I almost sure I Arnold's Honey Wheat bread, asparagus, sweet potato, olive oil, sea salt, pear.  Dinner was the Sunday School Christmas Party, and I had no intention of eating according to diet:  ham with pineapple, green bean casserole, carrots (look - I made an effort for 30 seconds!), cheese dip (with likely beef), Fritos, 5 layer cheese cake, crab roll up (cream cheese, Trader Joe's crab, red pepper, green onion, Mayo - I made these and it is good), "Death By Chocolate" (some pudding, coffee, whip cream, chocolate thing), peppermint fudge (the BEST!).  I'm sure there was more.  It was all good.  Oh yeah...COKE!
Medications:  pyridium TID, Zyrtec SID, amitriptyline SID, Prelief prior to binge (ha ha!, Cosamin, Free Fatty Acids.
Pain:  You know, I don't remember any.  I will just say "good day!"  I did not use the restroom once during the party.  I enjoyed myself...and forgot I was sick!  I was sure I would "pay for it" tomorrow.

December 10, 2011:  Food:  Breakfast:  Honey Nut Chex, coconut milk.  Peppermint Cheese Cake.  I'm sure mint Oreos, and Christmas cookies somewhere in there.  Lunch - peanut butter and Arnold's Honey Wheat bread, and Whole Foods white bread.  Then, I made donuts (I won a donut maker at the party!)  flour, egg, vanilla, sugar, sprinkles, powdered sugar, milk.  Snack:  coleslaw, 1 bite Bar B Que and 2 French Fries at the Christmas Festival.  Dinner:  pork, rice, corn chips, guacamole, spinach.  Dessert:  More cookies.  More cheesecake (I had to finish it...ugh!)
Medications:  pyridium TID, amitriptyline SID, Zyrtec SID, Cosamin, Free Fatty Acids.  Flexeril before bed.
Pain:  Mild vulvodynia, burning and cystitis/urethritis around 5pm.  TENS helped.  GI cramping; I'm sure it was the food.

December 11, 2011 (At church today.  Many people having food hangovers from the party 2 nights ago.  People eating the cheesecake for breakfast; I'm never making that thing again).
Food:  Trader Joe's Oatmeal cereal, coconut milk.  Mint Oreos.  Lunch: Arnold's Honey Wheat, Peanut butter, asparagus, pear.  Snack:  Trader Joe's pretzel bread, Trader Joe's spinach (with sour cream) dip, crab roll-ups.  Christmas cookies (I now plead with myself to end the dairy binging.  I feel like junk).  Dinner:  Brown rice, corn chips, spinach. Carrots.  Pear.  Oatmeal cereal and coconut milk for dessert.  Mint Oreo.
Medications:  pyridium TID, amitriptyline SID, Zytec SID, Cosamin, Free Fatty acids, Flexeril before bed.
Pain:  Off and on mild urethral burning and vulvodynia burning (3).

No comments:

Post a Comment