Wednesday, November 23, 2011

All By Myself...

Well, it's the day before Thanksgiving, and last night I had a vulvodynia flare up.  So, I wake up early today and call my doctor's office.  That was worth a whole lot of nothing.  They told me that I couldn't come in today.  And, that I should use my steroid topical cream.  My doctor has seemed to have forgotten that I had a suspected topical allergic reaction to that cream about 8 weeks ago and will not touch it since.  Since I was talking to the nurse and she didn't seem to understand why I had a problem with this direction, I gave up.  I just rescheduled myself for Monday.  And, went the day without underwear since I was staying home.  So gross; I hate this.  And, I hate being "put off" by my doctor's office.  It makes me feel like I am not worth much; that my severe pain is not worth being treated in a timely manner.  That my comfort is not important.  I feel sad.

Today was really not so bad.  My pain did not progress during the day, which is good.  I only needed 1/2 of a Vicodin last night, and I actually feel that things improved some today.  Also, I started a new knitting project and made a 5 layer peppermint cheese cake (see below):

Do you think I cheated on the diet?  Is it really cheating, if you are told to slowly try new things?  At least one of the answers to these questions is "yes!"
                  Here's hoping things are on the right track...
                   Josie

The Numbers:  Food:  Breakfast:  oatmeal, pear.  Lunch: orange roughy, olive oil, asparagus.  Mid-day snacks - mint Oreos (still working on that bag)  Is this cheating?  I'm so confused.  carrots.  Dinner:  Venison, olive oil, sea salt, carrots, celery, sweet potato.  Snack - Yesterday was the cream cheese portion of this 5 layer cake.  I did lick the beaters:  cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, vanilla, peppermint, butter, flour.  Today, was the sour cream soft cake version (eggs, white Duncan Hines cake mix, sugar, sour cream, vegetable oil) and icing (white chocolate, sugar, whipping cream, vanilla).  Do you think there are enough milk products to cause a flare?
Which brings me to tomorrow.  I've got to be realistic - I am about to piss all over this elimination diet.  It's Thanksgiving.  I suppose that if I don't flare, I will start drinking milk again.   I better bring the Prelief!
Medications:  Prosed DS TID, amitriptyline SID, Zyrtec SID, Vicodin 1/2 tablet.
Pain:  Bladder about a 2 all day.  Mid afternoon, I could feel it progressing to a 3, so I tried TENS for an hour.  Kinda creepy, but kinda cool.  It felt like a visceral organ massage.  Vulvodynia the worst was a 4 in the morning.  Decreased to a 2-3.  Attitude is better than it should be - not a bad day at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment