Thursday, November 3, 2011

Do I Smell Like Dead Meat?

I love to practice Yoga.  I'll be totally honest: I just love the positions and the exercise.  I carry minimal Zen within me.   The entire idea of concentrating for 1.5 hours on the breath alone constantly eludes me.  Recently, I grabbed a Groupon for 12 Yoga classes at a for real Yoga clinic for $24.  I mean the words "for real" because they chant and "ohm" and meditate.  Plus, they are strongly promoting a Vegan lifestyle.  Steve Ross (a famous Yoga Dude based in Los Angeles) says in his book Happy Yoga that when you are Vegan, you can catch a whiff of decay emanating off of the body of omnivores.  So, as I was receiving my complimentary neck and shoulder massage from the instructor, all I could wonder was, "Do I smell like dead baby sheep?"

The Numbers:  11/2/11 - Food - Lamb, carrots, pear, sweet potato.  Medications:  ProSed DS TID, amitriptyline SID, Vagifem, Zytec SID, gelnique 1/4 packet.  Pain - Outstanding from 8 am- 5pm.  Afternoon at work was stressful, and I felt the bladder pain start to return during the afternoon/evening, up to about a 5 and concerns with leaking of urine.  Vulvodynia pain was a 2.

11/3/11 - Food - Lamb, carrots, pear, sweet potato, asparagus, plums (I got to add these 2 items per my obgyn.  Asparagus seems gross without some seasoning.  The plums were so delicious!)  Medications: ProSed DS TID, amitriptyline SID, Zytec SID, gelnique 1/4 packet....Progesterone topical SID.  My progesterone levels were low when I had my most severe pain last Thursday.  All my prayers are on this being the fix...  Pain:  Bladder was a 3 today...some times less.  No vulvodynia.  Not a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment