Monday, November 14, 2011

Beautiful Art

We have lived in our home maybe 4 years.  We still haven't finished painting it or even hanging pictures.  I guess spending money in that direction was never important to us.  Or, maybe I just never had the time.

Last weekend, Dave and I were randomly walking through Pier 1, when he finds a print of a painting that was on sale from $150 to $100.  I admit that I was surprised to find that Dave did pick something well that would compliment the bedroom.  It was almost worth buying it to celebrate that moment.  But, the fact remained that I would be spending $100 on a painting that meant nothing to me.  I grew up with my great-grandmother's oil paintings on our walls; it was just too weird to buy one.  Dave made a good point though; I had been waiting for a painting with meaning for over 4 years.

Today, I'm out of town for my physical therapy, and I stop at one of those discount pottery stores to take a break on the commute.  Low and behold, there is a painting to compliment the home...for $10.  It was so funny to me that I had to buy it.  There were a ton of them; this must be where hotel and hospital room prints go to die.  The artist had signed it; I wonder if he knew then how much (or how little) it would be sold for in the future.  It's really not so bad, as you can see.  I will get my husband to hang it up.  Then, we will trick people by telling them we spent a lot on it.
 I'm sure this is worth a million dollars.
           Josie

The Numbers:  November13, 2011:  Food:  sweet potato, pear, venison, olive oil, sea salt, carrots, celery, plum, orange roughy.  Ran out of asparagus, so none today.  Medications:  prosed DS TID, amitriptyline SID, Zyrtec SID, advil 1 time.  Pain:  Great in the morning, about non-existent.  Started around 3pm - urination.  Weakened at 5pm.  Seemed to recur shortly in the evening, but always no larger than a 4.

November 14, 2011:  Food:  sweet potato, pear, venison, carrots, celery, olive oil, sea salt.  Out of orange roughy - will make lamb tonight.  Out of asparagus.  Purposely removed plumbs to see if it would change anything for the better - I don't think it made a big difference.  Medications:  Prosed DS TID, amitriptyline SID, Zyrtec SID, advil SID.  Mild burning vulvodynia and bladder pain during the day, mild at a 2-3. Around 9pm - burning became a 6/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment