Saturday, November 5, 2011

Craving Junk

I was initially supposed to work at My Regular Clinic today, but sadly I received a cancellation because business there had been so slow.  Us relief vets hate cancellations.  Basically, you have been committed to work a certain day, and then at the last minute you aren't working.  Then, you start thinking of other job offers you had for that day where you could have been making money, and you get angry.  And, I did have another job offer for this day.  That's twice now from this clinic and it is killing me.  Every place has been having cancellations; it's a major problem with the recession.  I suppose I need to think of a cancellation fee, but then I worry that no one would hire to me at all for fear of having to pay the cancellation fee.  I guess I stick with My Regular Clinic with a smile, because at a time when everyone seems to be cutting back on veterinary work in my area, this owner has decided to extend my time and overall, supply me with more days.  I feel blessed to even be working at all.


I'm sticking with the food trial and now I'm starting to crave foods that prior to the food trial I would totally avoid.  For example, I'm driving home from work last night and I see a Bojangles bulletin board with a large photo of a chicken biscuit in the center of it.  I have never deemed Bojangles to be exceptional (Chick-Fil-A is a whole other story), but all of sudden I wanted to be there so badly!  I could not imagine how I had not been weekly eating from the Bojangles menu.  I think I've eaten food from there 3 times total in my entire life.  I guess I just really, really, really want some trans-fat.
Other foods I have craved in the past 24 hours:
  • Dunkin Donuts plain cake donut
  • Dunkin Donuts chocolate cake donut
  • Homemade cheesecake with strawberry topping and a graham cracker crust
  • Graham crackers
  • Flavored coffee (I NEVER drink coffee...so weird)
  • Marshmellows
  • Backyard Burger - burger and fries
  • Mexican food!  Chalupa and tacos (I had to miss an outing with people from church last night due to this diet.  Ugh!)
  • Taco Bell Chalupa (Note:  I am not including this in the Mexican food category)
  • Oreo cookies - regular and vanilla
  • 3 Musketeers candy bar (currently frozen in my fridge)
  • Frosted Mini-Wheats cereal with milk
  • Fazoli fettucini alfredo and garlic bread stick (weird, because this is the worst Italian food out there)
  • Pizza Hut pizza
I guess it's worth noting that most of these are from cheap "fast food" places that heavily advertise.  Most are not that good.  And, all are easily accessible as soon as the food trial is over (even the cheesecake, which I can make myself).  I shall keep trucking along.
      Until Next Time,
      Josie

The numbers:  November 4, 2011- Food: Lamb, sweet potato, carrots, pear, plums, asparagus.  Medications:  Prosed DS TID, amitriptyline SID, Zyrtec SID, progesterone, gelnique.  I stopped the Vagifem, as I am told my estrogen levels are ok.  Pain - Pretty good until 10pm last night.  During the good time, vulvodynia and bladder both were a 2.  After 10pm bladder was a 3-4.  Felt weak during exercise, like I am not getting enough "sugars".  Also, concerned I may have too much trouble emptying my bladder.

November 5, 2011- Food: Lamb, sweet potato, carrots, pear, plums, asparagus.  Medications: Prosed DS TID, amitriptyline SID, Zyrtec SID, progesterone, gelnique.  Pain - vulvodynia at a 0-1.  Bladder/urethral - maybe a 2-3 all day.  Mood is good.  Hard to empty bladder - will lower gelnique dosage.  Feeling a little weak/light-headed today.  I will try to increase my protein intake (which is difficult, as nuts and beans are not permitted).

No comments:

Post a Comment